Out of the oven, these cookies will melt in your mouth. Out of the fridge, you’ll be savoring every morsel of rich, buttery decadence.
Bakkwa Cream Cheese Cookies
By: Mia Cee || Resting Hungry Face
Makes 12 cookies/cookie balls
1/4 cup ghee
3 tablespoons paleo cream cheese
4 tablespoons almond flour
2 tablespoons + 2 teaspoons coconut flour
1 teaspoon nutritional yeast
1 teaspoon five-spice powder
1/2 teaspoon Old Bay seasoning or celery salt, or 1/8 teaspoon salt
2 tablespoons (about 20 grams) diced bakkwa or bacon crumbles; more for garnish
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Mix the ghee and cream cheese together in a freezer-safe bowl until smooth.
3. Add the almond flour, coconut flour, nutritional yeast, five-spice powder and Old Bay and mix until uniform.
4. Stir in the diced bakkwa.
5. Freeze the dough for 10 minutes.
6. Dice some extra bakkwa for garnish if desired.
6. Line your toaster pan or a baking pan with parchment paper. Take out the dough and roll into 1-inch (2-centimeter) balls. If garnishing, roll the balls in the extra bakkwa. Set the balls on the parchment paper and stick the tray in the freezer for another 10 minutes.
7. Bake for 10 minutes.
8. Cool for 10 minutes before moving. They’ll be soft and crumbly out of the oven. For a firmer cookie, stick them in the fridge for awhile.
** The cookies are delicious without bakkwa or bacon if you don’t have any on hand.
** For round cookies, roll into balls and flatten the top. The dough won’t spread much, so how it looks going into the oven is how it’ll look coming out.
First attempt did not go well lol: