Macadamia Wasabi Mayo Salmon
By: Mia Cee || Resting Hungry Face
2 5-ounce (140 grams) salmon filets
2 teaspoons coconut aminos
1/2 teaspoon vinegar
Optional: 1/4 teaspoon honey
1 tablespoon mayonnaise (I use Primal Kitchen)
1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
2 cloves garlic, minced if raw and smashed if roasted
6 macadamia nuts, smashed
1/2 teaspoon applesauce
1/2 teaspoon crispy shallots
1/4 teaspoon ginger powder
1/4 teaspoon fresh wasabi or wasabi powder, more to taste
1. Rinse the salmon filets and pat dry.
2. Mix the marinade ingredients together and spoon over the filets. Marinate for 20 minutes, flipping after 10. Drain and pat dry. Salt and pepper both sides of the filets.
3. Mix together the sauce ingredients, or blend/puree if you want a smooth sauce. Let sit for 5 minutes to let the flavors develop and then taste. Adjust with more wasabi if desired.
4. Grease your grill and cook 2-3 minutes per side or 2-3 minutes total on a countertop grill with the lid closed.
5. Top each filet with a generous spoonful of the sauce and serve right away.
** No grill? Roast at 400 degrees for 10-12 minutes. Pan-frying is another option. The salmon is done when it is opaque throughout, the protein (i.e. the white gunk) is oozing out and it flakes easily with a fork.