Yup, French toast sticks that don’t involve bread!
French Toast Sticks
By: Mia Cee || Resting Hungry Face
2 eggs, room temperature
2 to 3 tablespoons coconut sugar, depending on taste
1 tablespoon + 1 teaspoon ghee, softened
splash vanilla, optional
1/4 cup almond flour
2 tablespoons arrowroot starch
1.5 teaspoons tapioca flour
Toppings: cinnamon, berries, banana slices, nut butter, syrup, etc.
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees and grease pan.
2. Make sure you’re starting with room temperature eggs! Using an electric mixer, beat the eggs with the sugar on high for 3-4 minutes until soft peaks form.
3. Add the ghee and vanilla and mix in by hand.
4. Add the almond flour, arrowroot and tapioca. Mix just until incorporated.
5. Pour batter into mold(s).
6. Bake for 13-15 minutes until the sticks are golden and crispy.
7. Garnish with cinnamon and other toppings if using and serve hot.
** You’ll want to grease your pan even if you are using a non-stick pan. This helps get the sides crispy.
** I use a rectangle mold (below) that makes the perfect-sized toast sticks. If you don’t have one, you can pour the batter into a baking dish and cut into sticks afterwards.