There’s no added sugar in these muffins, and you can’t taste the greens at all!
Blueberry Muffins with Hidden Veggies!
By Mia Cee || Resting Hungry Face
Makes 6 large (muffin cups filled to the top) or 8-9 medium
1/4 cup + 2 tablespoons almond flour
1/4 cup + 1 tablespoon arrowroot starch
3 tablespoons coconut flour
1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
1/2 teaspoon cream of tartar
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/8 teaspoon salt
150 grams leafy greens (about 2 cups super packed)
2 tablespoons ghee or avocado oil
2 tablespoons applesauce
1 teaspoon lemon extract
1/2 cup blueberries or mixed berries
1/4 cup dried unsweetened blueberries, optional for sweeter muffins
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease and flour muffin pan if necessary.
2. Mix all of the dry ingredients together in a large bowl.
3. Put the greens, egg, ghee/oil, applesauce and lemon extract in your food processor and puree until smooth.
4. Add the wet ingredients to the dry along with the dried blueberries if using and mix just until there are no more pockets of powder. Don’t overmix.
5. Toss the blueberries in any kind of flour to prevent them from sinking and stir in.
6. Fill each muffin cup 3/4 full.
7. Bake for 22-25 minutes or until knife comes out clean. Turn the pan halfway through.
** The raw greens can be replaced with leftover blanched greens if you have some on hand. Squeeze any liquid out of the greens before pureeing.
** Frozen (but not icy) berries can be mixed directly into the batter. They’ll end up with a jello-like texture.