Salted Egg Yolk-Stuffed Mushrooms
By: Mia Cee || Resting Hungry Face
10 shiitake mushrooms, cleaned and stems removed
yolks of 2 salted duck eggs
1 tablespoon ghee
1 tablespoon + 1 teaspoon coconut cream
1/2 teaspoon coconut flour
20 curry leaves
garlic granules or powder, optional
1. Set oven to broil or preheat to 475 degrees.
2. Mash the yolks into a smooth paste. Make sure there are no lumps.
3. Heat the ghee in a pan and add the yolks. It will get frothy right away. Stir until the ghee and yolks are well incorporated.
4. Add the coconut cream, coconut flour and curry leaves and stir until smooth. Remove from heat.
5. Transfer the mushrooms to a baking dish. Sprinkle with garlic granules if using and fill with the yolk mixture.
6. Place the dish in the oven 6 inches from the heat source and broil for 5-7 minutes until the yolk mixture has a golden-brown crust on top.
7. Serve right away.
** If you only have dried curry leaves on hand, put them in a pan of water. Bring the water to a boil and boil for a few minutes until they are soft.