Spicy Sichuan Bean Sprout Salad
By: Mia Cee || Resting Hungry Face
300 grams mung bean sprouts
1 scallion, diced
3 cloves garlic, minced
2 tablespoons coconut aminos
1.5 teaspoons chili sesame oil
1 teaspoon vinegar
1 teaspoon Sichuan peppercorns
1/4 teaspoon salt
Optional: cayenne powder
1. Prepare an ice bath.
2. Blanch the bean sprouts and transfer to the ice bath.
3. Toast the Sichuan peppercorns, cool, and grind into powder.
4. Optional: Stir-fry the scallion and garlic in a bit of oil if you’re not a fan of raw aromatics.
5. Drain the bean sprouts and transfer to a bowl. Add everything else and toss. Taste and adjust.
6. Serve cold. The flavor intensifies after a night in the fridge.
** If you don’t have chili sesame oil, you can substitute with regular sesame oil and a cayenne powder.