I made this once with sardines instead of anchovies because that’s what I had in the pantry and it’s my preferred way now!
By: Mia Cee || Resting Hungry Face
300 grams spiralized zucchini
3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 chili pepper, diced
15 cherry tomatoes, halved
2 canned sardine fillets
10 olives, halved
1-2 teaspoons capers
1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
1 teaspoon dried parsley
salt and pepper to taste
1. Heat 1 tablespoon of oil in a pan and fry the garlic and chili until they start browning. Push to the side of the pan.
2. Heat the second tablespoon of oil and saute the tomato until they start wrinkling. Drain the pan.
3. Add the sardines and use your spatula to smash them.
4. Heat the third tablespoon of oil and quickly saute the spiralized zucchini. Again, drain the pan.
5. Stir in the olives, capers and oregano. Taste and adjust with salt and pepper.
6. Garnish with parsley and serve.
** Omit the sardines for a vegan version.