Japanese-Style Seafood Pancake
By: Mia Cee || Resting Hungry Face
5-7 shrimp, deveined, cut in half lengthwise and patted dry OR equivalent amount of scallops, calamari, etc.
1/2 tablespoon avocado or coconut oil
1 egg, separated
2 tablespoons water
2 tablespoons + 1 teaspoon almond flour
1 tablespoon + 1 teaspoon tapioca or sweet potato flour
1/16 teaspoon baking soda
2 teaspoons coconut aminos
1. Whisk the almond flour, tapioca flour, baking soda, water and egg white until smooth.
2. Heat the oil in a pan and fry the shrimp until pink and opaque. Flip and repeat, and sprinkle with a bit of salt.
3. Pour the pancake batter over the shrimp and use your spatula to shape the edges into a circle.
4. Once the bottom has set, remove the pancake from the pan. Add some oil if the pan is dry and add the egg yolk.
5. Place the pancake on top of the egg yolk and press down to break it. Move the pancake around the pan to let the egg yolk spread over it.
6. Drizzle the coconut aminos over the top of the pancake and flip, removing once that side has set and the coconut aminos has caramelized.
7. Serve as is, or with optional condiments below.