Korean Scallion and Seafood Pancake (Pajeon)
By: Mia Cee || Resting Hungry Face
1/3 cup ice water
1/2 cup minus 1 tablespoon almond flour (7 tablespoons)
2 tablespoons tapioca flour
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 scallions, cut into 2″ pieces and sliced in half lengthwise
4-5 pieces squid
1 tablespoon oil
1. If necessary, fill a small bowl with water and put in the freezer.
2. Mix the almond flour, tapioca flour and salt.
3. Add the water in three batches. Mix just until combined. The batter should be on the runny side; add more water if necessary.
4. Add the oil to a pan and use a spatula or paper towel to make sure it is coating the bottom of the pan evenly. Turn heat to medium.
5. Spread the scallion, shrimp and squid around the pan.
6. Beat the egg and add it to the batter. Pour the batter over the scallion/shrimp/squid and use your spatula to push the edges into a circle.
7. Cook 3 minutes or until the bottom is golden brown. Flip and cook the other side for 3 minutes.
8. Serve with dipping sauce if desired (you can simply do 2 parts coconut aminos to 1 part vinegar, with optional additions including cayenne powder, sesasme seeds and diced scallion).
** Vegetarian version with kimchi: substitute 1/4 cup kimchi for the shrimp and squid, omit the salt, and add 2 tablespoon kimchi juice (or 1 tablespoon kimchi juice + 1/8 teaspoon salt)